If you had the chance to travel back in time and experience the major events in history, would you do it? Of course you would! And your kids would, too! And while it would be amazing to visit times like the founding of America or other historic events, there’s one person most all of us would like to meet.
During Summer JAM Camp (for children ages 3 through rising fifth graders), we’ll journey to meet the most important man who ever lived: the man who also is God. Jesus changed history forever, and at camp, children will get to meet him.
Children will focus on five “c” words to help them remember that Jesus has been and will be with us always and forever!
- Creation: Did you know the Son of God has always existed? We’ll talk about his existence before time and his activity at Creation.
- Christophany: Big, cool word the kids will love learning that teaches the Son of God didn’t start as a babe in a manger but has been around forever, actively involved throughout history, including the Old Testament! They’ll study the biblical accounts of Abraham and Moses that show appearances of the Son of God to people before he came to earth.
- Cross: Here’s when Jesus is actually given the name “Jesus.” And here’s where he lives, dies, and comes back to life. It’s the most epic historical account ever! Because of him, we can live forever, too! Although opportunities to present the gospel are provided every day, this is the day we’ll present the gospel in all its glory.
- Clouds: After Jesus rose again, where did he go? He’s actively working on our behalf as he sits at the right hand of God the Father, interceding for us, protecting his Church, and preparing a place for his children! Wow!
- Crown: We’ll end our tour through time at the new heaven and new earth, where Jesus and his children will live together in the most amazing place forever. Whatever your best day ever has been, a day on the new earth will blow it away!