What could we be if we grew spiritually? Where would God lead us if we grew fiscally? What could we accomplish if we grew numerically? What vision might God place on our hearts if we, together, lifted the needs of this congregation with prayer and fasting?
Session identified developing a church-wide commitment to prayer as its top priority for 2018. For the Body of Christ to fulfill the Kingdom plans of the Head of the Body, Jesus Christ, and to be fruitful, we need to abide in Jesus constantly. We can accomplish nothing on our own, but God can accomplish much when His people humbly come to Him in prayer.
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” John 15:5
During the week of March 18-25, we as Covenant Partners are asked to dedicate ourselves to pray for the Body of Christ on Court Square. We will be focusing on church growth, spiritually, fiscally and numerically, as we seek to become the church God is calling us to be.
A printed prayer guide is available with a prayer emphasis for each day. On Saturday, March 24, a 24-hour period of prayer and fasting will be held, culminating in a Prayer Service at 5:00 p.m. on March 25, Palm Sunday, as we begin our walk with Jesus to the Cross.
Prayer guides and an opportunity to sign up for times of prayer and fasting will be available in the Narthex beginning March 4.
You can download a prayer guide to print here, or read on for each day’s emphasis.
Sunday, March 18
- Read Eph. 6:10-11. Pray for spiritual protection as we seek renewal; pray for protection from fear, uncertainty and doubt
- Read 1 John 1:9. Pray to recognize and confess our sinfulness
- Praise God for His Sovereignty and Power
Monday, March 19
- Read Isaiah 64:8. Pray for a humble spirit, recognizing God is the Potter and we are the clay. Pray for his vision for Court Square.
- Read Matthew 28:16-20. Thank God for our missionaries, and pray we will have the funds to support them and the persecuted church worldwide.
Tuesday, March 20
- Read Matthew 5:6. Pray that we become hungry and thirsty for God’s Word and His righteousness.
- Praise God for His Holy Word and those who teach it. Seek God’s blessings for resources and growth in Bible studies, Sunday school and small groups.
Wednesday, March 21
- Read 1 Cor. 12:4-7. Pray to know and use our spiritual gifts to further His kingdom today
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18. In all things, give thanks. Pray God would increase our awareness of His work in our lives and give us a heart of gratitude.
- Praise God for our Music Ministry and our programs for children and youth. Ask God to bless us with funds to support them and with musical volunteers, and also additional volunteers to assist Betsy Dishman and Billy Craig.
Thursday, March 22
- Read Isaiah 55:8-9. Pray to recognize God’s ways are higher than our ways.
- Read Matthew 6:19-21. Pray your heart directs your treasures according to God’s purpose and will
- Praise Him for our pastors and office staff. Pray for resources to maintain the work of our office.
Friday, March 23
- Read Ephesians 6:18. Pray without ceasing.
- Read Hebrews 10:24-25. Pray for a spirit of encouragement.
- Praise for our new Covenant Partners. Pray that God would draw more to our church family.
Saturday, March 24
- Read 2 Cor. 8:9, 9:6-7. Pray to become generous, joyous givers, contemplating all Jesus has given us.
- Read Luke 21:1-4. Pray to give selflessly as the widow gave, from the heart.
- Praise God for our facilities. Ask Him for His vision the Faul’s space and funds to maintain our property.
Sunday, March 25
- Read 1 Peter 2:5. Pray we will become the spiritual house God plans for us to be. Praise God for our Session. Pray for their wisdom, vision and unity
- Read Ephesians 4:2-3. Pray for patience and unity.
- Read Acts 2:14-21. Praise the Father for His Holy Spirit. Ask Him to bless us with an outpouring of the Holy Spirit and revival on Court Square.