If you’re having trouble with the embedded video above, head over to our YouTube channel and watch there.
Sermon Discussion Questions for Individuals, Families and Small Groups
- What is your first response when you hear the term spiritual practice of prayer? When has praying been most regular for you? Least regular for you? What is the difference?
- What are some of the reasons people pray? What do you think happens when you pray?
- What do you think of the idea of praying five minutes a day, in the same place and about the same time? In what ways would it be an effective (or ineffective) way to start developing a time of regular prayer?
- In the ACTS acronym of prayer, which of the four parts (adoration, confession, thanksgiving, and supplication) comes most easily and which comes most challenging and why?
- What do you think of praying the psalms or other scripture passages? praying through journaling?
- What will you take away from what you have learned to help you practice a more disciplined prayer life?
Other Scriptures to read on prayer: Numbers 11: 10-15; 2 Samuel 5:17-25; Psalm 10:17; Psalm 17:1-9; Psalm 66:16-20; Psalm 86:1-10; Psalm 105:4; Jeremiah 29:11-13; Matthew 6:5-13; Luke 18:7-8; Romans 8:26-27; Ephesians 6:18; Philippians 4:5-7; Colossians 1:9-12, 4:2; 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18