Will you be joining a Lenten Life Group this month? Lenten Life Groups are sermon-based small groups that will meet on a weekly basis during Lent. Life Groups will use Sunday sermons as a launching point for meaningful conversations and fellowship. The Lenten sermon series is…
This can be a very fruitful experience for all involved. Frank Sprinkel, who led an “Explore God” small group in the fall, listed 6 benefits to being in a life group:
- Studying Biblical topics with others in small groups results in the development of close relationships among those studying together.
- A strong sense of God’s presence is recognized by the group as they work through questions and issues that come up during small group discussions.
- Hearing opinions and thoughts from other believers helps broaden and strengthen our own beliefs.
- Friendships are strengthened, or new friendships developed via small group studies.
- A deeper understanding of Biblical principles is often gained via a focused small group study.
- New leaders can emerge from small groups as we gain confidence in our relationship with Christ and have a deeper sense of Biblical truths.
Small groups are a rewarding and important part of the life of the church. This year we are offering the following groups:
Time – 10:15am
Location – First Pres. Room 208
Facilitator – Scott Thayer [firstname.lastname@example.org] Demographic – All ages, individuals and couples
Time – 4:00pm
Location – Berkey home in Broadway
Facilitators – Adam & Caitlin Berkey [email@example.com] Demographic – Parents of young children
Time – 6:00pm
Location – Church or Homes
Facilitators – Billy & Avery Craig [firstname.lastname@example.org] Demographic – Families of middle school and high school students
Time – 6:00pm
Location – Graham home in Harrisonburg
Facilitators – Mark & Martha Graham [email@example.com] Demographic – All ages, individuals and couples
Time – 6:30pm
Location – Sprinkle home in Bridgewater
Facilitators – Frank & Annette Sprinkel [firstname.lastname@example.org] Demographic – All ages, individuals and couples
Time – Monday 6:30pm
Location – Gonzalez home in Weyers Cave
Facilitators – Keith & Betsy Dishman [email@example.com] Demographic – Bilingual
Time – 7:30pm
Location – Carl & Kelsey’s home in Harrisonburg
Facilitators – Carl Larsson & Kelsey Rockey [firstname.lastname@example.org] Demographic – Young Professionals