Loving Jesus Christ, boldly proclaiming truth, serving our neighbor, growing God’s Kingdom
A vibrantly growing church of spirit-empowered disciples mobilized to engage our neighbors with Jesus.
What We Believe
We joyfully affirm our faith in Christ through a commitment to these Ten Essential Truths of the Reformed Faith.
- With fellow Christians throughout history we affirm our belief in the mystery of the Trinity; believing that there is only one God who has revealed himself as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.With fellow Christians we affirm our belief in the Incarnation; believing that in the virgin birth Jesus is fully God and fully man. On the cross the sinless Christ paid the debt for our sin, reconciling us to God.
- With fellow Christians who trace their roots to the Protestant Reformation we affirm our belief that Salvation is a gift of God’s grace, not the result of our own efforts. Repentance is our response to the renewing work of the Holy Spirit who is the Lord and Giver of life.
- Along with other evangelicals we affirm our belief in the Authority of Scripture as the holy and inspired Word of God. The Bible is God’s infallible truth; revealing his nature and will and teaching us of how we are to live and love and serve.
- Along with others in the Presbyterian branch of the Protestant family we affirm our belief in The Sovereignty of God who lovingly creates, sustains, rules, and redeems the world through the life, death and resurrection of Jesus.
- We believe in the Election of the people of God for service as well as for salvation by the transforming work of the Holy Spirit.
- We believe and affirm the church as the Covenant community living out its faith in the Biblical call to Worship, Fellowship, Discipleship, Ministry, Mission/Evangelism.
- We affirm a faithful Stewardship that calls for sacrificial giving and seeks the proper use of one’s spiritual gifts as well as the proper care of God’s creation.
- The recognition that as Sinners by nature we are driven by pride and self interest; leading to alienation from God, one another and even ourselves.
- The recognition that the Gospel calls us to a life of Obedience to the Word of God leading us to work for the transformation of society by seeking justice, showing mercy and reaching the world for Christ.
Our Core Values
- Willingly submitting to the Bible as God’s Word.
- Expectantly joining in Christ-centered worship.
- Intentionally pursuing real, vibrant relationships.
- Actively discipling all generations toward spiritual maturity.
- Generously participating in missions and evangelism, at home and abroad.
- Faithfully leading in our community.
First Presbyterian Church is a congregation of ECO: A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians. To learn more about ECO, watch the video below.