We believe that Christian discipleship is the process by which followers of Christ have growing faith. This requires that we be in the Word daily — studying it, praying over it, and obeying it.
Here at First Presbyterian, we offer several opportunities to grow in Christ. For more information on any of these opportunities, contact Associate Pastor Scott Thayer.
Classes for adults are offered on a variety of topics and in a variety of formats. Those topics change about every four to six weeks. We have classes for college students, men, women, parents of teens, and classes with a mixture of everyone! For details on adult class options, click here.
Small Groups are gatherings, usually 6 to 10 people, who meet to encourage each other with the Gospel. Several small groups gather throughout the week for study, prayer, fellowship and service. Some groups meet in homes; others meet at the church building. They may discuss the Bible, or another book with a spiritual focus, to discover truths for their own lives and pray for one another. Joining a group entails a commitment to attendance and any reading assignments. Most groups meet at the church. Frequency varies–once, twice or four times a month.
If you sometimes wonder why you’re here, would like to know more about prayer, how to read the Bible, or live your faith day to day, a small group may be helpful. In a small group, it’s okay to talk about all of these things with others who are on a similar journey. The chances are that in listening you’ll find out who you really are, learn more about who God is, and discover resources that will energize your life. We hope that you’ll consider joining a group and growing in community with other members of the church.
- Ladies’ Noon Bible Study – Tuesdays noon, Fellowship Hall (Sept.-May)
- Mothers of Young Children Bible Study – Wednesdays 9am, Room 301
- Brown Bag Lunch & Bible Study—Wednesdays noon, Conference Room
- Men’s Morning Bible Study – Thursdays 6:30am, Showker Hall (Sept.-May)
Have a question about Small Groups or wish to register to join a Small Group? You may contact:
email@example.com or 540-239-0023
Hendricksenkc@gmail.com or 540 421-8311
firstname.lastname@example.org or 540-421-0075
Or visit our contact page.
Ways to be Involved
- Court Square Ringers, Adult Handbell Choir – Mondays 6:15pm, Balcony
- Serving Opportunity: Soup Kitchen – Tuesdays 4:30pm, Showker Hall
- Prayer Meeting – Wednesdays 11am, Conference Room
- Court Square Choir – Wednesdays 6:30pm, Music Annex
- Serving Opportunity: Bread & Blessing – 1st, 3rd, 5th Fridays 11:30am, Showker Hall